Addiction to any kind of substance, whether it is a drug or alcohol will always have a huge impact not only mentally and physically but on the overall well-being of an individual. As it is said that it impairs your mind leading to problems like anxiety and depression, but the truth is that it also destroys your vital systems. This makes your body work less effectively to fight and makes it more vulnerable to illness, infection and diseases.
Addiction itself indicates that your body is getting used to a particular substance without which it becomes restless. Thus, in case of substances like drugs and alcohol, your body knows that it is dangerous and unwanted but still needs it to feel better. It can also be named substance abuse where this substance is now uncontrollable and is affecting your day-to-day life.
Substance abuse always has short-term and long-term effects on your body, depending on the type, quantity, and frequency in which the substance is being taken. It can cause damage to almost every organ of your body. The good news is you still have ways to live a sober lifestyle and undo the damage caused by the substance.
There are many rehabilitation programs like rehab detox that can help you get out of this addiction and give you strength. Detox to Rehab is here to help people recover from their addiction problems by helping them meet the best industry professionals that can help them come back to sobriety.
Here’s how addiction can weaken your body:
- It lowers your immune system. This makes it difficult for your body to fight off infection. Thus, you are more prone to infection-related diseases like hepatitis, HIV, and cancer.
- Addictive substances can cause abnormal heart rate that can lead to health issues like heart problems, collapsed veins, high blood pressure and other heart-related diseases.
- It can cause strain on your liver. Alcohol is the main cause of liver damage and failure.
- Alcohol is said to reduce your breath rate while opioids are said to worsen your respiratory problems. Smoking again can cause harm to your lungs and cause danger.
- It can suppress your appetite leading to a decrease in your nutrition and vitamin level in your body.
Addiction can make your life worse by affecting you and your loved ones’ life. But thankfully you still have ways to get out of this problem.
How to Open and Use a Trading Account for Maximum Returns
Are you looking to make the most of your investments? A trading account can be an excellent way to maximize returns on your money, but navigating the world of finance and investing can be intimidating. In this blog post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about trading accounts. This includes how to open one, […]