Shipping of car is just like shipping a huge merchandise good on an open trailer or in closed one. Shipping a car is cheaper and takes fewer efforts than driving the vehicle yourself to the desired destination. Hence, many prefer to ship their car with the help of a reliable auto transporting company. The initial thought that crosses the mind of every car owner while hiring the services of a shipping company is the cost incurred for transporting the car to the desired destination.
Every person hiring the car shipping services often have this query – ‘why are car shipping rates up in 2021’. There are many factors influencing the cost of a shipping a car. Hence, there is a need to understand the factors before paying to the auto transporting company. There are many shippers of cars in your region. Hence, firstly a car owner needs to contact a trusted firm having years of experience in shipping to various places. You can anytime contact Ship a Car, Inc. to transport your vehicle anywhere in the US.
The factors to consider are:
- The kind of shipping you prefer for your car.
- Open trailers are much cheaper than closed trailer as sometimes multiple cars are carried to the destined place. The other costlier options available are air shipping of car, transporting by ship and even train shipping is provided as preferred by the customers. Most commonly car owners prefer to transport vehicles by road.
- The size of the car.
- The cost is high for big size car where as for small cars the price of transporting them is low. This is because large model cars take more space compared to small size cars.
- The distance to travel for shipping the car.
- Normally, for larger distance it costs high and less for close by destinations. It takes less fuel, less efforts by driver of the trailer to travel closer destined places. Hence, the charge is less.
- The time of the year.
- For normal days auto shipping charges are less compared to prices when the outer environment isn’t friendlier to drive safely.
Hence, the estimation of cost of transporting your vehicle is roughly prepared considering these factors.
Some auto transport service terms explained to clear your confusion:
- Free on Board: It is commonly known as FOB that states that the transporter of the vehicle takes full responsibility of shipping the vehicle safely to the given address. Unfortunately, if any damages occur its repair will be funded by the transport company.
- Bill of lading: It is a document having full information about the vehicle to be shipped, the shipping details and the staff responsible to transport to vehicle to its address.
- Door to door: It is the special service provided by the transporters to deliver the vehicle to the given address. Normally, the customers are asked to drive away the vehicle from the transporter’s yard.
In the pandemic times like in the year 2021, transporting vehicles to other regions is costlier as there is nationwide lockdown. Fortunately, trusted auto shippers like Ship a Car, Inc provide their services at reasonable price. Car carriers are fully customized to transport vehicles safely to the desired destination and such shipping of vehicles is budget friendly. Hence, you need not worry about spending excessively while hiring the best car transport services.